Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Week 1 of Construction


After the first three days of construction I have worked on forming my arches and creating the bottom of my bridge deck. I have successfully made three arches and am in the process of soaking one more. In order to form the balsa wood I had to soak it over night in hot water, and then I taped and tacked the wet pieces into my arch. While waiting for my arches to soak, I have started to cut many of the pieces I will need for rest of my construction.

Also my classmate Aaron has made great progress on his bridge as well. Although he is not done, he is very close to completing his very sturdy bridge deck. Aaron just needs to finish making the deck on which the weight will sit and then he will have middle bridge deck out of the way. Like myself, Aaron has also cut many of the pieces while waiting for his deck to dry.-Chris T

No comments:

Post a Comment