Sunday, January 10, 2010

last bit of construction


My good friend Jeremy works and lives next to me in the classroom and dorm so I see him when he is working on his bridge. His bridge is slowly coming along since he just added the arcs to the base. Now he has begun adding trusses along the arc.Once he has finished that he will put supports from the base to the arc. I hope the bridge will be done in time for testing; if he stays focused he might be able to squeeze everything in. However, spending some time out of class to build would make sure that everything is glued and sturdy.

In the past few days of working on my bridge I found that it was too long and definitely too wide. So I spent one day just working on added support for the bridge so it could sit on the blocks. Now the bridge can be tested properly. Also I have finished both smaller arcs (seen in the first picture) and supported them with two diagonal beams from bottom to top on each side. To finish the bridge I have to put pieces over the top and make the support for the weight to hang from.

My bridge

Best Wishes,
Caleb Lehner

No comments:

Post a Comment