Thursday, January 7, 2010

Strouse and Rocha

 
Steph Strouse has been cruising along with her balsa wood bridge this past week. Her structure has really been coming together. She finished all her sides and has been assembling them into a three dimensional design. Strouse’s bridge is quite unstable on the platform but once some weight is thrown on it will rest perfectly into place. Another small issue is the excess glue. She plans to sand off some to make it look nice and spiffy. These last remaining days she also plans to add some more central support.

I myself (Aaron Rocha) have made tremendous strides in and out of class with my bridge. I now have completed six substructure walls and plan to make two more. I began assembling them to the bottom of my bridge deck along with beginning a top structure for more support. A big issue I had to face came when I placed my bridge onto the platform. The bridge deck was an eighth of an inch too high above the metal docks. To overcome this obstacle I made two rectangle frames to fill the gap. It is a perfect fit because the beams have a width 1/8-inch. I will continue assembling my substructure walls and finish my design for the top frame.





No comments:

Post a Comment